Office Manager Opportunity
Date Posted: 02/03/2021
Theatre Orangeville is currently seeking a passionate individual, who thrives in a face-paced and ever-changing work environment, to fill the role of Office Manager of our professional theatre company. This position is responsible for maintaining the theatre database and personnel systems of the organization, for providing administrative support to the Board of Directors, Artistic Director and General Manager, and for organizing and coordinating box office and administration office operations and procedures to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Maintain efficient operation and oversight/management of the Theatre Manager software system and provide technical advice & assistance where required
- Create reports as required and prepare bi-weekly reconciliations
- Work with Box Office Manager to establish and maintain box office systems, standards and procedures; preparation of banking deposits; generate Revenue Canada tax receipts
- Coordinate Opera House rentals including: booking rental dates, preparing and issuing contracts, loading shows into ticketing software, and preparing final reconciliations, liaising with staff regarding renter requirements
- Provide executive support to the Board of Directors including attending Board meetings, preparing agenda & minutes for distribution, maintaining the Board binder
- Assist with the development, coordination, and execution of special events, fundraisers, and opening nights
- Apply for Lottery Licenses and submit final reports to the Town – insuring all rules & regulations of AGCO are followed
- Administer the staff benefits package, track vacation, sick days and lieu time. Assist the General Manager to ensure the requirements are met of all relevant employment, workplace health and safety, accessibility, anti-harassment and privacy legislation and regulations
- Oversee efficient operation of the office equipment, including computers, photocopiers, phone and security systems
- Open and distribute mail; oversee mailings; edit newsletters, programs, brochures as required; send out patron reminders and thank you notes for each performance
- Work closely with Financial Co-ordinator to maintain systems to file invoices and reports in orderly fashion
- Elevated problem solving with customers
- Provide administrative support to the Artistic Director and General Manager, including scheduling auditions, setting up annual planning meetings and regular staff meetings
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- Has a passion for people and the arts
- Learns quickly, especially new computer software/systems
- Is systematic, detail-oriented and organized
- Strong financial acumen; possesses the attention to detail required to maintain financial and personnel systems
- Exhibits the experience to organize and co-ordinate box office and administrative office operations in a not-for-profit environment
- This position is a full-time position (32 hours/week), located in Orangeville, Ontario (potential of increasing 40 hours/week as pandemic restrictions lift)
- Health & Dental package after three months
- Salary and vacation schedule to be negotiated
- Employment Start Date: as soon as possible
The Office Manager reports directly to the Artistic Director and General Manager.
lf you are looking for a challenging opportunity in performing arts administration please e-mail resume & cover letter to Sharyn Ayliffe at: firstname.lastname@example.org by March 21, 2021.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.