What is a Relaxed Performance?
Relaxed Performance Subscriptions are now available!
A Relaxed Performance is intended for those individuals who would like to see theatre but would benefit from a more relaxed environment. Anyone can purchase tickets to attend the relaxed performance. All are welcome, including babes in arms.
During Relaxed Performances, Theatre Orangeville raises the house lights, opens the doors and lowers the sound levels for anyone who finds the theatre environment challenging for any reason. Performance dates are listed below subscribe to 3 or 5 shows and save!
The main goal of a relaxed performance is to "relax" the experience through small changes to the audience experience, environment and production.
Some changes to the overall experience may include:
- The lobby doors will be opened early to all for a more calm, casual entry and exit to the theatre
- Patrons who feel overwhelmed during the performance are welcome to come and go from the performance or walk about the theatre
- House lighting will be raised slightly
Some changes to the performance may include:
- Adjustment to sound levels or demonstration and explanation of any loud noises or effects
- Actors speaking to the audience before the performance to explain scenes or what they can expect
Click on the picture below for a link to a great article with Jordyn Pallett about his experience at our second Relaxed Performance
Upcoming Relaxed Performances! Purchase a 3 or 5 show subscription and save!
Come Down From Up River - Wednesday October 30 at 7:00pm BUY TICKETS
Little Women - Wednesday December 11 at 7:00pm BUY TICKETS
Early Morning Rain - The Legend of Gordon Lightfoot - Wednesday February 26 at 7pm BUY TICKETS
Too Close To Home - Wednesday March 25 at 7:00pm BUY TICKETS
The New Canadian Curling Club - Wednesday May 6 at 7:00pm BUY TICKETS
SUBSCRIBE AND SAVE! CALL 519.942.3423 to get your 3 or 5 show subscriptions to our Relaxed Performances!