Because you love Theatre Orangeville as much as we do...
Behind Theatre Orangeville, there is an amazing group of champions and contributors who are keeping the arts alive - and you are one of them! Our ability to touch the hearts of generations of theatre lovers not only depends on the outstanding talent of our artists and staff but also on people like you, who have felt the power of our work and who want others to discover and appreciate it too.
Your generosity and continued belief in the impact our programming has on our community has been integral in enabling us to remain steadfast in our belief that the arts remain critical in how we cope and connect during these continued times of change.
We invite you to take a few minutes to watch the video below. With input from members of our community, our Theatre Orangeville Family, and many others who have been touched by what we do - this video really showcases, why what we do - matters to everyone!
We've kept entertaining...
Over the past 3 years we have not waivered on our commitment in supporting our community… All while continuing to invest in the development of the next generation of arts professionals.
Know that no matter what, Theatre Orangeville will always be there to play a significant role in ensuring the well-being of our community by nurturing, enriching and supporting others.
But now we need your help….
Over the past year, audience numbers have been slow to return to previous attendance levels as many patrons are still uncomfortable to return to public gatherings and their habits of engaging with the arts has changed – a phenomenon being felt among theatres across the country. As well, our expenses have increased exponentially due to increases in raw material costs and inflation.
Since the onset of the pandemic, we’ve been very fortunate to have received relief funding from our Provincial and Federal Government agency partners. However, this support has also been impacted by the rise in inflation and changes in policies and is no longer available.
Our goal is to raise $250,000 to support our capacity to:
- Inspire audiences with a diverse theatre experience that celebrates Canadian Playwrights, Actors, and Theatre workers.
- Ensure that locally created set designs, costume development and rehearsals result in a high quality, professional theatre experience that enriches the community.
- Lead the charge to eliminate barriers to access, nurture diversity and support adults and youth within our neuro-diverse community.
- Provide mentoring and growth opportunities to over 4000 school-aged children through Education On Stage and 200 youth through our Academy programming annually.
Your gift, no matter the amount, is precious to us.
Donations and fundraising make up the difference between ticket sales and our total operating costs and account for MORE THAN 63% of the funds necessary to dedicate ourselves to supporting the development of impactful programming and the work of a core group of arts workers.
Together, we can ensure that the Performing Arts have a home in Dufferin County for many years to come.
There are several ways you can help us:
- Consider making a one-time or monthly donation - OR -
- Become a Theatre Orangeville Member and receive exclusive benefits and behind-the-scenes theatre experiences.
- You will receive a tax receipt for donations $20 or more
- You can donate here on our website by clicking the red DONATE button on the top right corner of the site
- Call our Box Office at 519-942-3423
You play an essential role in the Theatre Orangeville family, and if you do find that you are in the position to donate to Theatre Orangeville, please know that it means the world to us and that you have our deepest and most sincere thanks.